Location: Chennai, India
Description: Multicoreware Inc focuses on developing heterogeneous software for Media and Automotive markets. It develops and licenses world-class video codec libraries, such as the open-source HEVC encoding library x265, and supports tier-1 streaming video services and video encoding solution providers. As a Technical Lead, you will join MulticoreWare’s growing team of engineers, and architects in its design centre in Chennai, India, to implement, and deliver world-class solutions to problems in video pipelines and products, faced by MulticoreWare and its customers in real-world environments.
Skills & Responsibilities:
- Implement, test, and deliver production-quality software of solutions architected for problems in video pipelines of internal and customer IPs.
- Contribute towards product release cycles by developing tests deployed in continuous integration frameworks, fixing bugs identified during release, etc.
- Lead the execution and implementation of medium-sized features with a small team of junior engineers.
- Interface with customers on regular phone calls, support customer evaluations of products and direct debugging of customer issues.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or Electrical Engineering 5+ years’ experience, or a Master’s degree in similar areas with 3+ years’ experience.
- Hands-on C/C++ development and debugging experience on windows and unix-based platforms with working knowledge of platform issues.
- Experience with problem solving, and analytical reasoning.
- Strong interest in video, and imaging technologies, including video/image compression, analytics, and streaming/delivery
- Good English language skill
- Experience with continuous integration frameworks like Jenkins
- Background in video coding with a knowledge of HEVC, AVC, VP9, AV1 and other related technologies.
- Experience with heterogeneous programming libraries such as OpenCL, CUDA.
- Experience with platform-specific software optimizations like SIMD to enable higher performance software.
- Experience working with internal teams, customers, or global technology partners.