Location: Chennai/Bangalore, India
Description: MulticoreWare Inc focuses on developing heterogeneous software for Media and Automotive markets. It develops and licenses world-class video codec libraries, such as the open-source HEVC encoding library x265, and supports tier-1 streaming video services and video encoding solution providers. As a Senior SW Engineer/Technical Lead, you will join MulticoreWare’s growing team of engineers, and architects in its design centre in Chennai/Bangalore, India, to implement, and deliver world-class algorithms and solutions to problems in video pipelines and products, faced by MulticoreWare and its customers in real-world environments.
Skills & Responsibilities:
- Implement, test, and deliver production-quality software, architected for problems in video pipelines of internal and customer IPs.
- Contribute towards product release cycles by developing tests deployed in continuous integration frameworks, fixing bugs identified during release, etc.
- Lead the execution and implementation of medium-sized features with a small team of junior engineers.
- Conduct meticulous code-reviews to ensure bug-free and high-quality deliverables.
- Interface with customers on regular phone calls, support customer evaluations of products and direct debugging of customer issues.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or Electrical Engineering 5+ years’ experience, or a Master’s degree in similar areas with 3+ years’ experience.
- Excellent C/C++ development and debugging experience in writing production-grade software on Windows and Unix-based platforms, with working knowledge of platform issues.
- Hands-on experience in video coding with an in-depth knowledge of HEVC, AVC, VP9, AV1 or any next-gen video codec.
- Experience with problem solving, and analytical reasoning.
- Strong interest in video/imaging technologies, including video/image compression, analytics, and streaming/delivery
- Experience with GIT, the ability to combine different implementations from GitHub.
- Good English language skills.
- Experience with continuous integration frameworks like Jenkins
- Experience with heterogeneous programming libraries such as OpenCL, CUDA.
- Experience with platform-specific software optimizations like SIMD to enable higher performance software.
- Experience working with internal teams, customers, or global technology partners.
- Knowledge of Agile/Lean practices such as Scrum, Kanban, User Stories, Story Mapping, Story Point Estimation, TDD, ATDD, CI, CD etc.
Please email cover letter with job experience and resume to <firstname.lastname@example.org>