Location: Chennai/Bangalore, India
Description: MulticoreWare Inc focuses on developing heterogeneous software for Media and Automotive markets. It develops and licenses world-class video codec libraries, such as the open-source HEVC encoding library x265, and supports tier-1 streaming video services and video encoding solution providers. As a Senior Software Engineer, you will join MulticoreWare’s growing team of engineers, and architects in its design centre in Chennai, India, to implement, test and deliver world-class solutions to problems in video pipelines and products, faced by MulticoreWare and its customers in real-world environments.
Skills & Responsibilities:
- Design, implement and test algorithms for video/image processing that become part of world-class solutions architected for problems in video pipelines of internal and customer IPs.
- Take complete ownership of a medium-sized feature from design to test and be accountable for it.
- Ensure the quality of feature is maintained by getting periodic code-reviews from peers.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or Electrical Engineering 2+ years’ experience, or a Master’s degree in similar areas with 0+ years’ experience.
- Excellent C/C++ development and debugging experience in writing production-grade software on Windows and Unix-based platforms, with working knowledge of platform issues.
- Hands-on with multimedia engineering, with a decent knowledge of HEVC, AVC, VP9, AV1 or any of the next-gen video codecs.
- Experience with GIT.
- Hands-on with problem-solving, and analytical reasoning in a research-oriented environment.
- Good English language skills.
- Passionate about multimedia technologies, including video/image compression, analytics, and streaming/delivery.
- Solid knowledge about multimedia frameworks like FFmpeg.
- Experience working with small teams, in a dynamic, collaborative environment.
- Result-oriented and highly quality-conscious approach.