- On October 4, 2018
Location: Chennai, India
Description: Multicoreware Inc focuses on developing heterogeneous software for Media and Automotive markets. It develops and licenses world-class video codec libraries, such as the open-source HEVC encoding library x265, and supports tier-1 streaming video services and video encoding solution providers. As a Technical Lead, you will join MulticoreWare’s growing team of engineers, and architects in its design centre in Chennai, India, to implement, and deliver world-class solutions to problems in video pipelines and products, faced by MulticoreWare and its customers in real-world environments.
Skills & Responsibilities:
- Architect solutions to address challenges faced in various steps of video pipelines either on the road-map of internal IPs or in customer-facing projects.
- Providing consultation to the team on past and future video compression standards.
- Collaboration with research team (academic and/or internal) for designing algorithms in media and AI analytics domain.
- Build prototypes (with a small team of engineers) to demonstrate the efficacy of the solution in a production environment.
- Interface with customers on regular phone calls, support customer evaluations of products and direct debugging of customer issues.
- Masters Degree in Computer, Electronics, or Electrical Engineering 4+ years experience, or a Ph.D. in similar areas with 0+ years experience.
- Hands-on C/C++ development and debugging experience on Windows and Unix-based platforms.
- Good track record of publication in the image/video processing related field.
- Comfortable in dynamic environment with strong problem-solving and analytical skills.
- Solid knowledge in the video, and imaging technologies, including video/image compression, analytics, and streaming/delivery.
- Professional level communication skills (both verbal and written).
- Background in video coding with knowledge of HEVC, AVC, VP9, AV1 and other related technologies.
- Experience with platform-specific software optimizations like SIMD to enable higher performance software.
- Experience working with internal teams, customers, or global technology partners.
- Knowledge of Agile/Lean practices such as Scrum, Kanban, User Stories, Story Mapping, Story Point Estimation, TDD, ATDD, CI, CD etc.