- On April 11, 2019
Location: Chennai, India
Description: Multicoreware Inc focuses on developing heterogeneous software for Media and Automotive markets. It develops and licenses world-class video codec libraries, such as the open-source HEVC encoding library x265, and supports tier-1 streaming video services and video encoding solution providers. As a Test Engineer you will be responsible for planning and implementing of tests that prove the functional and non-functional requirements of the Video Codec/algorithm.
Job Role: Test Engineer
Test Engineer duties & Responsibilities:
- Test and prove that the Video codec/Algorithm meets quality requirements.
- Identify, analyse and create detailed records of problems that appear during testing, such as software defects, bugs, functionality issues, and output errors, and work directly with software developers to find solutions and develop retesting procedures.
- Prove for scalability and performance of a Video Codec/algorithm.
- Ensuring the quality of the system as a whole.
- Checking Jenkins test setup, prepare defect reports and logging issues in Jira.
- Design and implement automated testing tools when possible, and update tools as needed to ensure accuracy.
Requirements & Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or Electrical Engineering, 3- 6 years of experience in Software Testing or similar role.
- Excellent knowledge in testing skills (design test plan and test strategy, writing test cases, executing test cases, opening bugs, verifying bugs).
- Proficient understanding of Git code versioning tool, JIRA, Bit bucket, Jenkins.
- Well-rounded experience with multiple operating systems, virtualization technologies, and test environments.
- Basics of Video domain.
- Experience of working in an agile, fast-paced environment.
- Able to set priorities under pressure of deadlines.
- Be able to read and understand technical materials.