- On August 1, 2016
Location: Chennai, India or Remotely
Description: Multicoreware, developers of the world’s leading HEVC/H.265 video encoder, x265, is seeking skilled algorithm developers and researchers to join its growing development team. MulticoreWare develops and licenses video encoding and decoding libraries, supporting tier 1 streaming video services and video encoding solutions. We are looking for senior video algorithms engineers and architects to help lead our team in Chennai, India. Candidates willing to relocate to Chennai would be ideal, but MulticoreWare has 6 global locations, and we are willing to consider developers working remotely from anywhere in the world, with the right skills, experience and work ethic.
Skills & Responsibilities:
- Design, implement, and debug video algorithms for software video compression.
- Lead a small team of junior engineers to develop features in IP libraries.
- Support customer evaluations of products, including debugging customer issues.
- BE/B.Tech/BS in Computer Science, Electronics or a related field with 5+ years experience, or
- Masters Degree in a related field with 3+ years experience, or
- PhD with 1+ years’ experience
- Strong background in video coding with a knowledge of HEVC, AVC, VP9, and other related technologies.
- Experience with problem solving, and analytical reasoning.
- Hands-on C/C++ development and debugging experience on Windows and *nix-based platforms.
- Experience with heterogeneous programming libraries such as OpenCL, CUDA.
- Experience with platform-specific software optimizations to enable higher performance software.